- 1 1/2 blocks butter (375g)
- 8 cups Scottish porridge oats
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup broken or whole hazel nuts
- 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup golden syrup
- Grease a large baking tray and cover with a thin layer of semolina to prevent sticking or cover the surface of the baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 165-170 C .
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan
- In a large mixing bowl add Oats, vanilla essence, hazel nuts, raisins, sugar, golden syrups and then add the melted butter.
- Mix with a large stainless steel spoon
- Add the mixture to the baking tray spread and level with a plastic spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 165- 170 C for 40 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Check the flapjack by inserting a small knife into the middle and remove. If the knife comes out clean and dry then the flapjacks are cooked. Moisture on the knife indicates the flapjacks is not cooked, continue baking for 5 min more.
- Allow to cool and cut the flapjacks into 16 equal pieces
- Remove the pieces carefully and serve them to Lord Krishna and enjoy His prasadam