Spinach Yoghurt Dip
- Spinach – half bunch/ about 1 handful
- fresh green chillies – 1 (chopped finely)
- grated ginger- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – around 5 to 6 leaves
- ghee/ butter – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- carom seeds/ ajawain seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- yogurt/ curd – 2 cups (beaten)
- salt to taste
- chat masala- 1 tsp (optional)
- black salt- 1 tsp (optional)
- sugar -1 tsp (optional)
- Wash the spinach leaves for a couples times. Finely chop them and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the butter/ ghee on medium heat. Add mustard seeds to the ghee once hot and fry until they pop/ splatter.
- Add cumin seeds, carom seeds and asafoetida to the oil. Once fried add curry leaves, chopped chilly and grated ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- To the above tempering, add the chopped spinach leaves and let it cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add salt, black salt/ chat masala and sugar to the yogurt and whisk well.
- Now combine both the cooked spinach and yogurt. Mix well.
- Serve it at room temperature or cold to Lord Krishna and enjoy His Prasadam.