Okra yogurt raita
- Okra/ lady’s finger/ Bhindi/ bhendhakai – 250 gms or a good handful
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- carom seeds- 1/2 tsp
- ghee- 1 tbsp
- curry leaves – 6 to 7 leaves
- green chilly- 1 ,chopped finely
- grated ginger- 1 tsp
- chat masala- 1 tsp (optional)
- yogurt- 2 cups
- salt to taste
- sugar- 1tsp (optional)
- Wash and dry the okra. Once they are dry chop them into inch long strips and keep them aside.
- In a Saucepan, add the ghee and heat on medium high. Once ghee melts and is hot, add the cumin seeds and carom seeds to it and let it splatter.
- To the above add the curry leaves, grated ginger and the chopped green chilly.
- Let them fry for a minute and then add the chopped Okra and fry them until crisp.
- In the meanwhile, beat the yogurt in a mixing bowl and add salt, sugar and chat masala (optional) to it and mix well. (add a little water if the yogurt/ curd is too thick it should be a semi-liquid consistency)
- Once the okra is fried and crisp, add them to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Serve them with rotis or rice or paranthas to Lord Krishna and enjoy His Prasadam.