- new potatoes/ baby potatoes- 1 1/2 cups
- oil- 1 tbsp + 3 tsp
- chilli powder- 1 tsp
- cumin powder- 1 tbsp
- coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- chat masala – 2 tsp
- besan/gram flour/ chickpea powder- 1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- fresh coriander- 1 tsp
- whisked yogurt/ curds- 1/2 cup
- green chutney – 4 tsp
- tamarind and date chutney – 2 tbsp
- moong sprouts – 2 tbsp
- sev- 1/4 cup
- masala chana dal- 4 tbsp (optional)
- Boil, peel and half the baby potatoes and keep them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the besan, oil (3 tsp), chopped fresh coriander leaves, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chat masala and salt and mix well making a paste.
- Now marinate the baby potatoes in the above paste for 10 minutes.
- In a fry pan, heat oil (1 tbsp) on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the marinated baby potatoes and fry them till the besan is cooked and the marination paste sticks to the potatoes from all sides.
- Remove the potatoes from heat and transfer them into a serving bowl.
- To the potatoes, add the whisked yogurt and green chutney and tamarind chutney as a dressing.
- Garnish with moong sprouts, sev and masala chana (optional).
- Serve it to Lord Krishna and enjoy His prasadam.