Carrot and ginger soup
- Carrots- 3 medium sized
- Ginger- 2 tsp (grated)
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Potato – 1 medium sized
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves (for garnish)- optional
- Water – 4 cups
- Wash and peel carrots and potato.
- Chop them into chunks or cubes of 1 inch thick and keep aside.
- In a big saucepan, melt the butter on moderate heat.
- To the melted butter add asafoetida and grated ginger, fry it for a minute.
- To the above add the chopped chunks of carrots and potato and stir them in.
- Once the vegetables start to sweat, add water. Cover and bring to boil, let them cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat, transfer into a blender and process them to a smooth paste / puree.
- Return the puree, into the same sauce pan and gently reheat over moderate heat and add extra water if the consistency is too thick. Add salt and pepper to it.
- Garnish with olive oil and coriander leaves
- Serve the soup to Lord Krishna and enjoy His prasadam.