Green rice pulao
- rice – 1 cup
- mint leaves- half a bunch
- coriander leaves – half a bunch
- spinach leaves – half a bunch
- fresh green chill – 2
- ginger – half inch piece
- cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- carom seeds – 1 tsp
- asafoetida – a pinch
- ghee- 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- garam masala- 2 tsp
- peas – 1/4 cup
- beans – 1/4 cup (inch pieces)
- cashew nuts – a handful (optional)
- water – 1 1/2 cup
- Blanch the spinach leaves and keep aside.
- Wash and clean the mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Place the washed mint and coriander leaves, chillies and ginger in a blender/ food processor and blend them into a rough paste.
- To the above add the blanched spinach leaves and blend into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the ghee on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds, carom seeds, cashew nuts and asafoetida and fry for one minute. To this add the beans and peas and fry of a minute and the add salt to it.
- Now to the above, add washed rice to it and fry it for a minute and add water to it and cook the rice till soft and fluffy.
- To the above add the green paste and mix well and cook for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve green rice with boondhi raita or any raita to Krishna and enjoy His prasdam.