About Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji
Born on Nov 3rd, 1956, Srimannarayana became HH Tridandi Chinna Srimannarayana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji after taking initiation as a Tridandi monk in 1980.
Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami became the head of Srimad Ubhaya Vedanta Acharya Peetham at Nadigaddapalem in 1981. Since then, HH Sri Swamiji spearheaded many spiritual and service activities under the wings of Jeeyar Educational Trust and Vikasa Tarangini for the benefit of the community across the world.
Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Chinna Srimannarayana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji belongs to a highly esteemed line of monks of the followers of Sri Ramanujacharya, called Jeeyars.
Ever cheerful, ceaselessly active, unmindful of His bodily comforts but always concerned about others welfare, Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji radiates hope and joy where ever He goes. HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji, India’s enlightened spiritual and humanitarian leader, incessantly strives hard to promote world peace and harmony through propagation of Vedic wisdom, spiritual practices, religious tolerance, non-violence, joy of sharing, and mutual respect for all living beings.
An Acharya is the one who practices first, and then preaches. Sri Swamiji exemplifies this. He is a saint with deep intellectual and spiritual sensitivity, an embodiment of rare virtues. He is an epitome of boundless love for all beings. All His activities show His deep concern and compassion for the society which to a large degree lacks real spiritual dimension.
Any devotee can observe excellence in all aspects of His living. Right from Swamiji’s pristine appearance, His refined way of speech, the affection with which Swamiji addresses people in general, the lucidity and potency in His speech that can uproot ignorance in the receptive, all of this can be conspicuously observed and learnt from.
At the same time, He is the embodiment of detachment and renunciation. He is beyond any influence of the material world and its qualities, “gunas”. His presence permeates a strange feeling of divine happiness and peace in everyone around.
Swamiji wants to inculcate in our people, young and old, awareness of our heritage. He is always on the move most of the time meeting people and listening to their worldly and spiritual problems. Devotees get relief by just looking at His radiant, ever smiling face. His compassionate look cleanses our mind and raises our consciousness from the mundane to the divine. Blessed are those who have come under the influence of the revered Swamiji.
- The Crusader of Peace His Holiness Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Chinna Srimannarayana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji was born on Diwali day, the Festival of Lights, on 3rd November 1956 at Arthamur Village near Rajahmundry in the State of Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Born to pious parents Sri Venkatacharyulu and Srimathi Alivelumanga Thayaru.
- He had His early education in the Oriental School, Gowthama Vidya Peetam Rajahmundry.
- Young Srimannarayana Ramanujacharyulu has to take up the ascetic order of JEEYAR(Lion) at a very young age of 23 years. Today He is reckoned very high among the monks of the India and abroad as the pioneer and Crusader of Peace.
- We have heard several stories and legends about God incarnations, Godman, and Acharyas in the past, but very rarely can we come into the living presence of divinity like, His Holiness Tridandi Chinna Srimannarayana Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji.
JET and Vikasatharangini
- Jeeyar Educational Trust has been established in many countries to provide its services. JET India (Jeeyar Educational Trust, India) in 1982 at Sithanagaram,Guntur Dist. India, with units in Hyderabad (1983) India, Narayankund Nepal (1985), Rajahmundry India (1991), Madras India (1993).
- “Vikasatharangini” a Youth Force, started by Sri Swamiji with hundreds of youth forming its core, has been instrumental in executing several Spiritual and Social projects. All the virtuous ideas and plans of Sri Swamiji for the spiritual upliftment and enrichment of Humanity are executed by different units of Jeeyar Educational Trust.
Ashtakshari Maha Manthram
- Sri Swamiji is one of the youngest acharyas in India, who mastered different branches of the Vedic Dharma.
- In 1981, Swamiji became the full-fledged head and acharya of Srimad Ubhaya Vedantha Acharya Peetam, Nadigaddapalem.
- Sri Swamiji went to Badarinath the abode of Lord Narayana and did penance, reciting the all-powerful Ashtakshari Maha Manthram.
- In 1984, He started the Vedic University, under Jeeyar Educational Trust (JET), which is one of its kinds to establish and propagate the Vedic science. A number of young children are given admission into the university and they are taught the Vedas, the Upanishads and the related Vedangas. The students are imparted the knowledge of the Vedas free of cost and when these students become full-fledged Vedic scholars, they are provided with a placement.
- 1990, a similar school for young children to import the Vedic Agama lore was started at Jaggaiapet. The unique feature here is that, in additional to Agama sastra, a Thathva Sastra College was also started at this place, to teach spiritual courses, to whoever joins, with all facilities and attractive stipend.
- In order to conduct research into Vedas, Sri Swamiji has launched a Vedic project by involving great vedic scholars in it. As a step in this direction, a computer center was also started by Sri Swamiji to conduct Vedic research.
- Sri Swamiji has also undertaken unique programs to relieve the people of India from misery and calamity.
- For about four years i.e. from 1985 to 1988 there was a continuous and constant failure of rains in Andhra Pradesh. The state in general and Hyderabad in particular were reeling under the conditions of drought. Sri Swamiji was merciful enough to perform a Varuna Yagna in Hyderabad for a period of 9 days. From the last day of the yagnam (i.e. Poornahuti day) miraculously there were a heavy rains.
- H.H. Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji performed 108 Rama Kratus spread over 9 years all over India and Nepal mainly to propagate Rama Nama and Undertook a unique program and envisioned to complete 108 Yagnas. Out of these 105 Swadhyaya Jnana Yagnas were completed by H.H. Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji and the last 3 Yagnas remained unperformed. Our beloved Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji accomplished the cherished mission of H.H. Pedda Jeeyar Swamy. Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji conducted the last one in Thirumala with 1008 Kundas for 7 days in February in 1980 immediately after taking Sanyasam.
- Another unique Yagna was performed on 26th February 1996 at Pittalavanipalem, in Guntur (Dist.) with 1008 Kundas collected from 1008 villages of Guntur district alone. Kalasa Snapana, a Vedic ritual was performed. A large number of devotees, about three lakh, thronged the ritual site. This Yagna was performed on a 24-acre farmland and all the 3,00,000 devotees were served delicious food.
- Apart from the rituals and Yagnas conducted by him, H.H. Sri Swamiji turned a new leaf in Indian spiritual history and ethics, chanting Vedic hymns with the Vedic University students, under His guidance, in the disturbed areas like Punjab, which were reeling under terrorism and mass killing.
- Likewise, a similar Vedic chanting was conducted at Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh, to alleviate the sufferings caused by extremism in that area. These Vedic chanting’s according to Agama Sastras have a beneficial effect wherever they are chanted. Today, we are witnessing the good effects of this chanting in Punjab and also in Srikakulam.
- During Nov. 1996, East and West Godavari districts of A.P. were badly effected by severe cyclone. All the Vikasatharangini volunteers wjumped into the situation swiftly and gave there helping hand and did great service.
- They collected money, distributed necessary materials, like cooking utensils, pulses, tamarind, dalda, grams, salt etc., even before any other organizations could reach certain far interior places.
- His Holiness took up the renovation work of 83 Sri Rama mandirs in down-trodden areas (where the local people are falling prey to conversions), to re-establish faith in our Vedic Dharma by renovating Sri Rama mandirs.
- In order to celebrate 1000th Birth Anniversary of Acharya and as a mark of gratitude His Holiness Chinna Jeeyar Swami is constructing a statue of Bhagavad Ramanujacharya Swami. This statue is aptly named as the Statue of Equality as Bhagavad Ramanujacharya Swami was the first Acharya to prove that all are equal before Almighty. He was the one who commanded the lineage of Gurus to give mantra to all irrespective of caste, creed, race or sex.
- The Statue of Equality is being built over 45 acres of land in Samshabad in the outskirts of Hyderabad. This metallic statue will be 216 feet of height and surrounded by replicas of 108 Divya Desas, Abhimana Sthalas, inspiring incidents from the life of Acharya & more.
- Almost a thousand years ago in 1017 AD, Sri Ramanujacharya sanctified this Earth with his appearance.
- In a world where exclusivity and secrecy to the mantra was prevailed, he is the first acharya to say that he would accept going to hell if everybody would get liberated from bondage of karma.
- Ramanuja was the chosen disciple of Ya:muna:cha:rya the great, through 5 scholarly students.
- The title “ACHARYA” rightly fits to Ramanujacharya only because Lord Venkateswara also was initiated from Ramanujacharya by taking Sankham & Chakram, along with human beings.
- He tirelessly worked for 120 years proving that Lord Sriman Narayana is the Ultimate redeemer from all karmic bondage to all the souls He expounded Visishta:dwaitha school of thought and made Temples centres for Dharma.
- His 9 scholarly works are the beacon lights for Veda & Vedanta literature.
- He established 74 authoritative acharyas to spread the message of equality across the world. His Divine Body is well worshipped even today in Srirangam.
- Let us participate in this great mission started by Sri Swamiji undertaken for the welfare of mankind and universal peace. Please visit http://www.sriramanujasahasrabdi.org/ for more information.
Vishnu Sahasranama Sthothram
- His Holiness conducted Virat Parayanam of Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Sthothram with lakhs of devotees at Vijayawada in 1994, at Visakapatnam in 1995, at Madras in 1996, near Hyderabad in 1997, and at Guntur Vaishnavipuram in 1998. This was a unique programme unheard of till today.
- Countless discourses on Ramayana, Srimad Bhagavadgitha, and the Upanishads were delivered by Sri Swamiji all over the world.
Services in US, UK, CA, AU
- Sri Swamiji is not satisfied with the services he has rendered in India alone, as His love for mankind is universal. In a nutshell, Sri Swamiji is the mother and benefactor of the entire mankind.
- In this connection H.H. has been visiting USA since 1994, where He inspired a large audience whom He taught the principles of Universal Love, Peace and Fraternity.
- His Holiness visited London, Singapore & Hong Kong in 1995, and Canada in 1997, where He performed Yagnas for the benefit of mankind. There was unprecedented response to Swamiji’s gospel and ritual wherever He left his holy footprints. Thus, His Holiness has emerged as a Universal Guru. For the first time in USA the BhAgavath Katha has been delivered by H.H. Sri Swamiji for the common people.
His Holiness Sri Swamiji is conducting the following services at different places.
- The Vedic University in India
- The Ashtakshari Kshethram and Sathsanga Sadanam at Badarinath and Nithya annadanam
- Nithya annadanam scheme at Melkote Karnataka
- Brindavanam at Nadigaddapalem
- Publishing Bhakthi Nivedana in both Telugu and English
- Different types of services through Vikasatharangini.
Let us participate in this great universal mission started by Sri Swamiji undertaken for the welfare of mankind and universal peace.
HH Jeeyar Swamiji during his 35 years as a Jeeyar, head of the organization, has inspired millions of youth all over the world to learn the art of service. HH educated communities to live in harmony with the environment. With ‘Prajna’, an early educational and development program for children, HH is building a stronger future.
HH discourses are profound and He incorporates examples from all subjects and walks of life enabling common man to relate even the toughest and complex Vedic principles. HH gives the quintessence of all complex, topics beyond comprehension providing it on a silver platter for any seeker to incorporate easily in one’s lives. There is rarely a person who is not swayed by the simplicity of the language and enthralled by the beauty of His diction.
From five in the morning till midnight or even later, Swamiji is busy spreading the message of Vedas, Upanishads and messages of great seers tirelessly. He never says ‘no’ to people who want to see Him even at midnight. He is unmindful when it comes to attending to His needs but very active in attending to others’ sufferings.
For the intellectuals, He is an erudite scholar and philosopher;
For the suffering parts of the world, he is an ambassador of peace;
For the grief stricken, He is an ever-helping inspiring leader, eloquent speaker, a reservoir of divine qualities;
And a uniquely distinguished representative of world’s most ancient but ever fresh Vedic knowledge and practices.