Thank you for joining us at “Sri Goda Ranganatha Kalyanam – 16th/23rd Jan 2016
Jai Srimannarayana All,
With the Mangalashasanams from HH Sri Chinna Jeeyar swamiji and with all your support JETUK has celebrated Sri Goda Ranganatha Kalyanam joyfully in both East and West London. Here is how we celebrated.
Date(s): 16th Jan & 23rd Jan 2016
Venue(s): East London & West London
Honorable Guest(s): Stephen Timms (Member of Parliament), Paul S (Newham Councilor).
Gist of the events:
- It is our tradition to celebrate the Sri Goda Ranganatha Klayanam on the day of Bhogi, the day on which Sri Goda Devi got the bhogam of reaching the lord’s abode. JETUK has been performing the kalyanam for the past 7 years consistently and carrying forward our tradition for the next generations.
- We have the priest, Sri Ramacharya Makloori, visiting from India to London to perform the devotional activities. The priest is also the disciple of HH Sri Chinna Jeeyar swamiji.
- The event started with Jyoti Prajvalana, Shanti mantram, followed by Vishnu Sahasranama Parayanam. Sri Goda Ranganatha were decorated amazingly and giving darshan to all the devotees.
- After the parayanam the devotees participated in the Kalyanam and got the blessings of Sri Goda Ranganatha. Ramu Swami performed the kalyanam by explaining each and every phase of it, mainly Mala Maripidi (exchange of Garlands), Bantu laata (Throwing around the flower balls to other devotees), Saptapadi, Teertham & giving of Prasadam.
- Later on we had cultural events by volunteers depicting the Culture and occasion which is loved and enjoyed by everyone at the event
- Talk by the MP and Councilor on this occasion and encouraging all the devotees to participate more in these kind of cultural activities
- Team JETUK also took this opportunity to present about Ramanuja Sahasrabdi, importance of Acharya and teachings & Prajna
- Programme concluded with felicitation to the participants & volunteers and vote of thanks from the secretary of JETUK
We thank you for attending the event and see you soon on Sri Sita Rama Kalyanam in April. Stay tuned on our upcoming events section and enjoy the photos here.