Chinese fried rice
- Rice – 1 1/2 cup
- oil – 2 tbsp +1 tsp
- asafoetida – a pinch
- grated ginger- 1 tsp
- fresh green chillies- 1 to 2
- bell pepper – 1 medium sized
- carrot – 2 medium sized
- beans – a handful
- sweet corn – 1/4 cup (if frozen, defrost before using them)
- soy sauce (light)- 2 tsp
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice- 1 tsp
- fresh coriander leaves- 2 tsp (chopped)
- Wash, drain and cook the rice with required amount of water by adding 1 tsp of oil (to keep the grains separate). Keep the cooked rice aside and let it cool down.
- Prepare your vegetables by washing them and chopping them finely, except for corn. Keep all the vegetables separate as they have different cooking times while stir frying them.
- In a medium sized wok, add 2 tbsp oil and heat it over medium high heat and let it heat till smoking hot.
- In this hot wok, add the grated ginger and finely chopped chillies and asafoetida and cook for 30 seconds.
- To the above add the chopped beans and let it cook for 2 minutes. Now add the chopped carrots and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the beans and carrots are soft add the chopped bell peppers and the sweet corn to the wok and let it cook for 2min.
- When all the vegetables are soft, add the salt and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Now, add the cooked rice and mix well until no lumps in rice
- To the above add the soy sauce and the lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well with the rice, in the wok to get a little fried texture .
- Remove the wok from heat and transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve it Lord Krishna and enjoy His Prasadam.