- Ripe bananas – 4 mashed
- All Purpose flour/ Maida / plain flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Butter – 1/2 cup melted
- Raw sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk / buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- walnuts (broken) – handful (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C /350 F
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and to it add melted butter, milk, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now to the above add sugar, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Once well combined, add the flour and mix well.
- At this stage, you may optionally add walnuts to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured cake tin, either a loaf pan or a round cake tin.
- Bake for 45 min and check the centre with a wooden pick until it comes out clean. If not keep it for 5 more minutes. Then remove from the oven.
- Allow it to cool and remove from the pan.
- Once cooled completely, slice them and serve with any hot drink.
- Serve Perumal and enjoy His prasadam.