Chinese Stir Fry Noodles
- Wholemeal wheat noodles – 2 nests
- carrots (chopped into juliennes) – 1 /3cup
- beans (chopped into long pieces) – 1/3 cup
- cabbage (chopped finely) – 1/3 cup
- spinach – a handful
- bell peppers (chopped into juliennes) – 1
- soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- vinegar/ lime juice – a splash
- salt to taste
- black pepper – 1 tsp
- ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
- sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- oil – 2 tbsp
- chilli (finely chopped) – 1 tsp / 1 chilli according to spice you prefer
- asafoetida – a pinch
- coriander for garnish
- Boil 1 litre of water in a deep saucepan with salt. Once it starts rolling boil add the noodle nests to it and let it boil for about 10 minute until Al dente (i.e until the core is cooked of the noodle). Or follow the instruction given on the package to attain the same.
- Strain the cooked noodles and keep aside.
- Take a wok and heat on medium high flame with oil in it. Let the oil come to smoking point and then add sesame seeds, grated ginger, chopped chillies and asafoetida and cook it for a few seconds.
- Now, to the above add carrot strips, beans and cook for a minute.
- Add bell peppers and cook for a minute.
- Once the vegetables have sweated, add cabbage and spinach to the rest of the vegetables and mix them well and cook for a minute.
- To the above veggies add salt, black pepper, soy sauce and lime juice. Mix well.
- Add the noodles to the veggies and mix well. (It is not easy to evenly distribute the vegetables among the noodles, hence use two spoons or a salad tong to mix).
- Garnish with coriander and serve Perumal and enjoy His Prasadam.