Sri Bhagawad Ramanujacharya Swami is considered as the first Acharya who devoted his entire life for the upliftment of the equality in the society. Born in 1017 AD, he had unquestioned faith in the validity of Vedas and Vedantas.
He found records in our scriptures, the Bhagavad Githa, Srimad Ramayana, Puranas etc, which propagated the vision of equality needed across the world.
Ramanujacharya’s Literary Contributions
- He gave perfect commentaries to Bramha Sutras and Upanishads and made a perfect bridge between different sections of society
- The word guru aptly suits Ramanuja as he reformed the society inside out and setup Temples as the centers of service
- Lord Venkateshwara of Tirumala accepted Ramanuja as guru and accepted sankha and chakra from him
- Pioneered the Bhakthi Movement and advocated philosophy which formed the basis for several Bhakthi Movements: Madhya, Nimbarka, Gauda, Swami Narayana, Vallabhacharya, ISKCON, Eknath, Ramanand, Chaithanya, Kabir, Surdas, Meerabai, Tulasidas, Annamacharya and many others
- The title ‘acharya’ rightly fits to Ramanujacharya only because Lord Venkateswara also was initiated from Ramanujacharya by taking Sankham & Chakram along with human beings
- He tirelessly worked for 120 years proving that Lord Sriman Narayana is the Ultimate redeemer from the karmic bondage of all the souls.
- He expounded Visishtadwaitha school of thought and made the temples as centers of Dharma.
- His 9 scholarly works are the beacon lights for Veda & Vedanta literature.
- He established 74 authoritative acharyas to spread the message of equality across the world.
- His Divine Body is worshipped even today in Srirangam.
Guruparampara (Guru Lineage)
“Statue of Equality” – 1000 years of SRI BHAGAVADH RAMANUJACHARYA
Celebrating 1000 years of SRI BHAGAVADH RAMANUJACHARYA (Year of Birth: 1017AD). In order to celebrate 1000th birth anniversary of Acharya and as a mark of gratitude His Holiness Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji is constructing a statue of Bhagawad Ramanujacharya Swami. The Statue of Equality is being built over 50 acres of land in Samshabad in the outskirts of Hyderabad.
- World’s largest sitting statue at 216 feet in a park spread across 50 acres of land
- Statue symbolizes Equality that Ramanuja propounded
- Includes 108 Divya Desams (Temples)
- Architectural representations, educational, environmental, and social services
- Guided insights into the cultural heritage, appropriate support for the eco-system
WANT TO KNOW MORE?