Who we are
JETUK is a UK registered charity (charity organisation id 1139951) and the UK based wing of Jeeyar Educational Trust (JET) a Non-Profit organization which is committed to improving human lives through “Education, Service and Ancient Wisdom”. JETUK has been providing charitable and philanthropic services locally, nationally and internationally. JETUK is a global trendsetter in Vedic research and continues to propagate the sacred Vedic ideology of service among individuals as well as taking up the task of educating future generations in Vedic principles. JETUK’s mission is to continue to provide charitable and philanthropic services.
JETUK (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to inform you about charity events;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable JETUK to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- to inform you about important dates and events related to the Vedic calendar such as festivals, lunar and solar eclipses, Ekadashi and dates revered by Vaisnavites.
Types of data we collect
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website (https://www.jetuk.org). They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view for the purpose of administering subscriptions to the JETUK website.
Web Banner Advertising
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We also use this service to check what content our viewers are most interested in, for instance the recipe section or the upcoming events section, to ensure we constantly develop and update content in the pages most frequented by visitors to our site.
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for reasons such as sending personalised reminders and invitations to our events such as Sita Rama Kalyanam, for fundraising purposes, to inform our users of any event that JETUK is participating in, to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information and to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Sometimes we have ticketed events like Sri Yagam and when you purchase a ticket your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our CiviCRM database. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Likewise, when you avail Priest Services from JET UK, your details will be stored in our Appointy database. Both CiviCRM and Appointy are 3rd party plugins which are enabled on our Website. Your details are NOT stored on their database. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
Other (Third) Parties
We are obligated to share data with local law enforcement bodies for the purposes of security. We may share personal information with our partner organisations for the purposes of making our patrons aware of events related to our partners. We may also share anonymised data with survey bodies and mapping software providers to better understand demographics related information pertaining to our customers.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer. Email your request to our data protection officer Praveen Sadasya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where is your data stored?
Data collected from our patrons is stored in an encrypted database to which only our webmaster has access. Our customer data may also be stored by a set of carefully selected partners who may come in contact with our patrons’ data when our patrons access specialist services provided by the JETUK website such as whilst booking event tickets or Priest Services.
The information store details:
|Event booking||CiviCRM||JET UK|
|Priest Services||Appointy||JET UK|
|Payments||Paypal/HSBC Bank||Paypal/HSBC/JET UK|
For how long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this policy, what should you do?
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at email@example.com and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy was reviewed on the 21st of May 2018 and the next review date is 20th of May 2019.