- How to prepare Banana bread ? Ingredients: Ripe bananas – 4 mashed All Purpose flour/ Maida / plain flour – 1 1/2 cups Butter – 1/2 cup melted Raw sugar – 3/4 cup Milk / buttermilk – 1/2 cup Baking soda – 1 tsp Vanilla essence – 1 tsp Salt…
- How to make Parupu Usili ? Ingredients: flat beans – 1/2 kg channa dal – 1/2 cup toor dal – 1/2 cup urid dal – 2 tbsp dry red chillies – 2 cumin seeds – 1 tbsp asafoetida – 1 + 1 pinch oil – 2 tbsp turmeric powder –…
- How to prepare Chinese Stir Fry Noodles ? Ingredients: Wholemeal wheat noodles – 2 nests carrots (chopped into juliennes) – 1 /3cup beans (chopped into long pieces) – 1/3 cup cabbage (chopped finely) – 1/3 cup spinach – a handful bell peppers (chopped into juliennes) – 1 soy sauce –…
- How to prepare Dal Dhokli ? Ingredients: 250 grams toor daal, 200 grams wheat flour, 3 green chilies 3 tbsp green chilli paste a handful of groundnut a handful of cashew nuts, 1 tbsp Turmeric powder 1 tbsp Mustard seeds, 3-4 cloves 2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes 1 tbsp Tamarind paste…
- JET is an Non-Profit organization which is committed to improving human lives through “Education, Service and Ancient Wisdom”.
- For over three decades, we have been providing charitable and philanthropic services LOCALLY, NATIONALLY, and INTERNATIONALLY.
- JET has established various Vedic Research schools to play a proactive and responsible role, to make this a better world.
- JET also educated and groomed several Vedic Scholars of extremely high caliber. JET continues to propagate the sacred ideology of service among individuals as well as to educate future generations.
- Our mission is to continue to provide charitable and philanthropic services LOCALLY, NATIONALLY, and INTERNATIONALLY.
Ramanuja Sahasrabdi – Statue Of Equality
Celebrating 1000 Years of Sri Bhagavad Ramanujacharya 1017 – 2017
- Lived for 120 years and inspired all to practise Equality in the society. Treated the downtrodden at par with the elite.
- Made Temples as centres of society where all artisans took active part.
- Initiated several activities with temples as the centres as society offering services to all. Instructed that only efficient and knowledgeable leaders be appointed to oversee all the activities.
- Revived all temples like Melkote in Karnataka state, Tirumala Tirupathi in Andhra Pradesh state in India.
- Rooted out untouchability and other vices that existed in the society. He gave everyone the same privilege of worshiping god.
- He called those branded as so called untouchables as “ThiruKulathaar”. It means “Born Divine” and took them inside temples.
- Gave the most divine mantra to all which was a closely guarded secret only available to selected few. Imbibed into society that women need to be shown utmost respect and empowered them to serve the society as leaders.
- World’s largest sitting statue at 216 feet of Bhagavad Ramanuja coming up in 2017.
- Statue symbolizes equality that Ramanuja propounded
- Includes 108 Divya Desams(Temples)
Alzhwars and their greatness
- The Alwars (also spelled Alzhwars) “those immersed in god” are a group of 12 ancient Vaishnava saints who lived in Tamil Nadu, India, and are famous for their poetry in praise of Vishnu.
- The collection of their 4000 poems, known as the “Nalayira Divya Prabhandam”, is considered by many to be the “Dravida Veda”. The Alwars are crucially important figures in the history of Vaishnavism. It’s principles are embodied in the their poems.
- The devotional outpourings of Alwars helped revive the bhakti movement, through their hymns of worship to Vishnu and his avatars. They praised the Divya Desams, 108 “abodes” (temples) of these Vaishnava deities.
- The poetry of the Alwars echoes bhakti to God through love, and in the ecstasy of such devotions they sang hundreds of songs. The Bhakti literature that sprang from Alwars has contributed to the establishment and sustenance of a culture that broke away from the ritual-oriented Vedic religion and rooted itself in devotion as the only path for salvation.