[slogan btn_text=’Project Details’ btn_link=’http://sriramanujasahasrabdi.org/sign-up-donate/’ ]Become part of this Historic Moment……..[/slogan]“Statue of Equality” – Celebrating 1000 years of SRI BHAGAVADH RAMANUJACHARYA (Year of Birth: 1017AD)
In order to celebrate 1000th birth anniversary of Acharya and as a mark of gratitude His Holiness Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji is constructing a statue of Bhagawad Ramanujacharya Swami. The Statue of Equality is being built over 50 acres of land in Samshabad in the outskirts of Hyderabad.
• World’s largest sitting statue at 216 feet in a park spread across 50 acres of land.
• Statue symbolizes Equality that Ramanuja propounded
• Includes 108 Divya Desams (Temples)
• Architectural representations, educational, environmental, and social services
• Guided insights into the cultural heritage, appropriate support for the eco-system
[accordions] [accordion title=’ About RAMANUJA CHARYA’]
- His statue is aptly named as the Statue of Equality as Bhagawad
- Ramanujacharya Swami was the first Acharya to prove that all are equal before Almighty
- Lived for 120 years and inspired all to practice Equality in the society
- Treated the downtrodden at par with the elite
- Made temples as centers of society where all artisans of society took active part
- Initiated several activities with temples as the centers of society offering services to all
- Instructed that only efficient and knowledgeable leaders be appointed to oversee all the activities
- Revived all temples like Srirangam in Tamilnadu, Melkote in Karnataka State, Tirumala Tirupati in Andhra State in India
- Rooted out untouchability and other vices that existed in the society. He gave everyone the same privilege of worshiping God
- He called those branded as so called untouchables as “ThiruKulathaar”. It means “Born Divine” and took them inside temples
- Gave the most divine mantra to all which was a closely guarded secret only available to selected few
- Imbibed into society that women need to be shown utmost respect and empowered them to serve the society as leaders [/accordion]
[accordion title=’Ramanuja Literary Contributions’]
- He gave perfect commentaries to Bramha Sutras and Upanishads and made a perfect bridge between different sections of society
- The word guru aptly suits Ramanuja as he reformed the society inside out and setup Temples as the centers of service
- Lord Venkateshwara of Tirumala accepted Ramanuja as guru and accepted sankha and chakra from him
- Pioneered the Bhakthi Movement and advocated philosophy which formed the basis for several Bhakthi Movements: Madhya, Nimbarka, Gauda, Swami Narayana, Vallabhacharya, Iskon, Eknath, Ramanand, Chaithanya, Kabir, Surdas, Meerabai, Tulasidas, Annamacharya and many others
- The title ‘acharya’ rightly fits to Ramanujacharya only because Lord Venkateswara also was initiated from Ramanujacharya by taking Sankham & Chakram along with human beings
- He tirelessly worked for 120 years proving that Lord Sriman Narayana is the Ultimate redeemer from the karmic bondage of all the souls.
- He expounded Visishtadwaitha school of thought and made the temples as centers of Dharma.
- His 9 scholarly works are the beacon lights for Veda & Vedanta literature.
- He established 74 authoritative acharyas to spread the message of equality across the world.
- His Divine Body is worshipped even today in Srirangam.[/accordion]
[accordion title=’How can you become part of Historic Moment?’]
• Sponsor the construction of Ramanuja Statue, and have your name or the name of someone you want inscribed in stone
• Sponsor the construction of one of the temples, and leave a lasting legacy for future generations
• Sponsor 1 brick, 1 petal, 1 inch of Divya Desam or 1 inch of Ramanuja Statue[/accordion][/accordions]