- Penne / fussili pasta – 150 gms (or about 1 cup), uncooked
- Red bell peppers- 1
- Yellow bell pepper – 1
- Salad tomatoes – 2
- Borocolli florets – 1 cup
- Asparagus stalks – 1/2 cup
- Pitted olives – a handful
Ingredients for salad dressing
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice -of a lemon
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper – a pinch
- Italian mixed spices – 1 tbsp
Note :- Parmesan cheese obtained in the super markets may not be vegetarian, so please check before you buy the product. You can always skip this ingredient.
- Boil about 3/4th of a sauce pan with water. once the water comes to rolling boil then add a pinch of salt and the raw pasta and cook with lid covered for a minute. Remove the lid and cook the pasta for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- When the pasta is cooked remove from the heat, drain the water and keep aside.
- Chop the bell peppers and tomatoes in chunks or big squares. Trim the asparagus and slice the black olives. Separate the broccoli florets.
- Blanch the asparagus and broccoli (place them in boiling water for a minute or until tender and then drop them immediately in cold water so that it can retain its colour).
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk well until combined.
- Place the pasta , vegetables and olives in a big mix bowl and add the dressing and toss them together.
Serve the salad to Perumal and enjoy His Prasadam.