How to prepare Apple cake ?
- Apples – 3 sliced
- Juice of a lemon
- Self raising flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Soft demerara sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk /plant based milk – 1/4 cup
- Flavourless oil (rapeseed oil /sunflower seed oil) – 1/3 cup
- Apples – 2 chopped
- Cinnamon sugar – 1 tsp refined sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp of
- Preheat the oven to 180 C /350 F/ gas mark 4
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the sliced apple with lemon juice and keep aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, sift the flour , cinnamon powder and baking powder. Now, add sugar and mix well.
- To the above add milk and oil gradually and mix well.
- Stir the chopped apples to the above cake mixture.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into a greased and floured rectangular/square cake tin.
- Place the apple slices on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake the cake for 25- 30 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tin and cut into squares.
- Serve Perumal with whipped cream or with hot fruit tea and
enjoy His prasadam.