How to make Mint (pudina) chutney ?
- Mint leaves – 1/2 bunch or 1 cup full
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Urid dal – 3 tbsp
- Chana dal – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind paste – 1/4 tsp (if using the dry tamarind then use a small piece or about marble sized ball)
- Salt to taste
- Dry red chillies – 4 to 5 (according to the spice level of the chillies)
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5 leaves
- Jaggery – 4 tbsp
- Water to adjust consistency
- Clean and wash the mint leaves and keep them aside.
- Take a wok or kadai and heat it to medium high, to that add oil.
- To the hot oil add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splatter.
- Now add urid dal, chana dal, fenugreek seeds and dry red chillies and let the brown a little until the leave aroma.
- Now, add asafoetida and let it cook for a few seconds.
- To the above add curry leaves and tamarind dry whole(if you do not prefer tamarind paste) wait till it splutters.
- Now add washed and drained mint leaves and cook them for a few seconds, and remove the wok from flame/heat.
- Let the whole mixture cool down.
- Once , the mixture is cool to grind transfer it into a grinding jar and grind till fine powder
- To the above powder add jaggery, salt, tamarind paste (if you have not added dry whole tamarind in the above step) and a little water to bring the consistency to a paste.
- Serve to Perumal with hot rice or dosa or idli and enjoy His prasadam.