- 1/2 cup of flat rice/ poha / Attukulu (washed and soaked if required)
- 2 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 2-3 cardamom pods (crushed coarsely)
- 2 tsp of ghee
- handful of cashew nuts and raisins
- few strings of kesar / saffron (optional)
- a small pinch of edible camphor (optional)
- In a medium sized sauce pan heat the ghee on medium low heat.
- Once the ghee is hot add raisins and cashew nuts and fry till golden brown color
- To the above, add milk and bring it to boil.
- To the milk add the sugar, cardamom, and saffron and mix well.
- Now to the above add the washed flat rice and mix well. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the camphor at the very end (this adds a nice aroma and a distinct flavour).
- Serve it in bowl to Lord Krishna and then enjoy His Prasadam.