Ingredients for chutney
- Peanuts – 1 cup
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind paste- 1/2 tsp (optional)
Ingredients for seasoning
- Curry leaves – 10 leaves
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
Procedure for chutney
- Roast the peanuts on medium heat.
- Also roast cumin and dry red chillies separately.
- Blend the roasted peanuts, cumin and chillies to a powder.
- Add salt, enough water to get the chutney consistency and
tamarind paste (optional)
- Blend it again until smooth paste is obtained.
Procedure for seasoning
- In a small pan, heat the oil and add mustard seeds, fry till
- Add asafoetida and curry leaves
- Sauté for a few seconds
- Add the above seasoning to the peanut chutney and serve with
idli, dosa or upma
Serve to Perumal and enjoy His prasadam.