How to prepare Vegetable Burger ?
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
- 1 x 340 g tin of sweetcorn
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour , plus extra for dusting
- rapeseed oil
- 1 small round lettuce
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- tomato ketchup
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- Drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn, then tip into a food processor. Pick the coriander leaves, adding half the leaves and all the stalks to the processor.
- Add the spices, flour and a pinch of sea salt, finely grate in the lemon zest, then pulse until combined, but not smooth – you want to retain a bit of texture.
- On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties, roughly 2cm thick. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the patties and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, click off, wash and spin-dry four nice lettuce leaves, then finely slice the tomatoes horizontally.
- Squeeze a large dollop of ketchup onto the base of each bun (toast them if you like), then top with the burgers. Layer over a couple of slices of tomato, a lettuce leaf, a few coriander leaves and finally the burger tops.
- Delicious served with a fresh green salad.
- Serve it to Perumal and enjoy His prasadam.
Note:- This recipe is taken from jamie oliver website. The above recipe requires tin chickpeas in place we can also use dry chickpea soaked for 4- 6 hours. and defrosted sweet corn too.