- Rice rava/ ground rice 1/4 cup
- Milk 2 1/2 cups
- sugar 1/2 cup
- cardamom pods (crushed) 2 pods
- saffron strands a few strands (optional)
- almonds 1 tbsp (broken)
- cashew nuts 1 tbsp (broken)
- pistachios 1 tbsp (broken)
- raisins 1 tbsp
- ghee 2 tbsp
- In a medium sized saucepan, pour ghee and heat it on medium high heat.
- Once the ghee is hot add the broken cashew nuts, almonds and raisins to it and fry them till golden brown.
- To the nuts and raisins, add the milk and let it come to a boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil add sugar, crushed cardamon pods and saffron strands to mix well until the sugar dissolves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice rava/ ground rice to the milk and stir well to avoid forming lumps and cook the mixture until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the creamy phirni into bowls and garnish with broken pistachio nuts and refrigerate for 1 hour or until sets.
- Serve the cold phirni to Krishna and enjoy His prasadam.