- Ghee – 1 cup
- Caster Suger – 1 cup
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Semolina – 1/4 cup
- Chickpea Flour – 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1⁄4 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1⁄4 tsp
- A pinch of Salt
- In a bowl beat ghee and caster sugar until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Now mix the wet and dry ingredients together and form a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into ball-like shapes and place them on lightly greased cookie sheet and press in lightly to flatten a little.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set it outside for a few minutes to cool
- Serve the nankatai biscuits to Perumal and enjoy His prasadam.