- Strawberries – 250 gms
- Lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
- Caster or any unrefined sugar – 200 gms
- If the strawberries are large, cut them in halves or quarters. Put the strawberries and lemon juice into a large pan.
- Heat for a few minutes to soften, add the sugar and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once, the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is clear, boil steadily for about 6 minutes, or until at setting point. (To test if the jam is at setting point, spoon a little onto a cold plate, leave for a minute and then push the jam with your finger. If the jam crinkles and separates without flooding back, setting point has been reached)
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Spoon into sterilised jars, label and seal with wax paper and a lid.
- Serve this to Perumal and enjoy His prasadam.