How to Prepare Tomato Chutney?
Tomato Chutney is a side dish which you can eat along with Chapathi, Roti, or mix in rice.
- Tomatoes -3 medium sized -chopped to chunks
- Capsicum – 1 medium – chopped to chunks
- Oil -1tbsp
- Green Chillies-2
- Curry leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves- handful
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Chana dal – 1tbsp
- Dry red chilly – 1
- Salt to taste
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- In a wok / kadai / saucepan heat the oil on medium heat
- To the oil add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chilly and let the mustard splatter and lentils turn golden brown.
- Now to the above tempering add asafoetida and curry leaves and fry for a minute
- Now add green chillies, tomatoes and capsicum pieces to the tempering
- Let them cook until soft and add salt and a pinch of turmeric
- Let the above mixture cool and then blend it in a grinder and serve it in a bowl and garnish with coriander
- Serve it to the Lord with Dosas or Upma or Idli or plain rice and enjoy his Prasadam